C. A. P. Ward is a black illustrator and comic artist working on heartfelt stories. When they aren’t drawing, Ward is often found taking pictures of fungus or skating around Richmond’s giant potholes.
Ward’s work has been published in anthologies including The Usual Choices, When I Was Me: Moments of Gender Euphoria, released by Quindrie Press, and Emanata. Their self-published work includes Where the Lotus Sleeps, Curfew, and Mnemosyne’s Well which debuted at the 2021 ShortBox Comics Fair.
Reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the contact page for inquiries. They’re currently available for comics opportunities and illustration for publishing and editorial markets.
Quindrie Press, Good Trouble Productions, Keith Frady & The Usual Choices Anthology, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, Lucky Jefferson Literary Magazine, and DJ Wooldridge.
- Bluestockings Digital Comics Festival, May 23rd – 29th, 2022.
- Toronto Comic Arts Festival, June 18-26th, 2022 (digital only). Check out my profile in the Exhibitor’s List!
- ShortBox Comics Fair, 2021
- Canzine Fall, 2021
- Queer Days Art Market hosted by StudioTwoThree, Summer 2021
- Salt and Honey Podcast 2022 Minicomic Awards Ceremony
- REVIEW: When I Was Me Captures Colorful Snapshots of Queer Joy — Kathryn Hemman for WWAC
- Groundbreaking trans comic anthology captures rapturous moments of joy and gender euphoria — Maggie Baska for PinkNews
- Black Lives Matter RVA Curator’s Choice (In Memoriam) Interview — Emily Smith, 1708 Gallery
- Runner-Up in 2022 Mini Comics Awards for Fantasy, Salt and Honey Podcast, 2022
- Black Lives Matter RVA Curator’s Choice, 2021
- Anderson Gallery Publication Grant, 2021
- ShortBox Independent Cartoonist Grant, 2021
- Control+, Beijing, China (2022, dates TBD)
- Conscious, Subconscious, (Collective) Unconscious, Richmond, Virginia, 2022
- Black Lives Matter RVA, online but specific to Richmond, Virginia, 2021
- Omens, a Communication Arts Exhibition at the Anderson Gallery, 2020
- VCU-Sacramento State Slant Step, 2019